Tuesday, December 27, 2011

No-Bake Cookies ~ *Normal* & Allergy-Free Recipe

I have always liked No-Bake Cookies....for the yummy chocolate, peanut butter and oats!  I haven't made them in years.  Well, after finding out that my husband was allergic to Chocolate (among a slew of other things) a few months ago...I didn't think I would ever find a recipe that I could easily find a substitute for that actually tasted good.  Well, these don't just taste good....they are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!  Seriously, no one could tell that they had NO chocolate, peanut butter, or cow's milk in them!!  


Here is the recipe for my Allergy-Free version, but I will put the *normal* substitutions in parentheses next to it.  They didn't last long at my house~!

No-Bake Cookies
3 cups quick oats
1/2 cup soy butter or (peanut butter)
2 cups sugar
4 tablespoons unsweetened carob powder or (cocoa powder)
1/4 cup dairy-free butter or (reg. margarine/butter)
1/2 cup rice milk or (reg. cow's milk)
1 teaspoon vanilla

~In a pan, combine sugar, carob powder, butter and milk.  While stirring, bring to a boil over Medium - High heat.  When it's reached a rolling boil...stir constantly for 2 to 3 min.  
~Remove from heat, and stir in the soy butter and vanilla until completely melted and mixed.  Pour mixture over the oats in a separate bowl...or you can just add the oats to your pan.  Mixing well.
~Drop spoonfuls onto wax paper and allow to cool before storing them in an airtight container.


My husband and also my food allergic son, Connor, LOVED these!!  I really couldn't tell a difference from regular No-Bake cookies.  So if you know someone allergic to chocolate, milk, or nuts....give them this recipe!  It's also Gluten-Free! 

~Enjoy~

Linking up with:
Sumo's Sweet Stuff










Allergy-Free Wednesday

8 comments:

~Mom~ bal said...

They were awesome! I had 3 of the ones you brought over on Christmas day! They were delicious. I'd love to have one right now! lol

Sarah said...

Holy goodness - these look so good. I am cooped up in my apartment right now (I wish there were classes!) and DEFINITELY have to try these - thank you for sharing!

Alexis Kaye said...

YUM YUM YUM! And how sad to be allergic to chocolate! haha

Jennifer said...

I found this thanks to the Allergy Free Wed Blog Hop! I can't wait to try these cookies. I have a sweet tooth and it's great to find something my whole family can eat, allergies and all. Thanks!

Let me know if you want to join my list of allergy blogs here. http://itchylittleworld.wordpress.com/blog-hop/

Jennifer

Tessa Domestic Diva said...

thank you for sharing on Allergy Free Wednesdays! What's not to love about a no-bake cookie?! Yum!

Michelle @ The Willing Cook said...

I wonder if my son would got for these?? He's a little funny about chocolate. The nice thing is my husband could eat them too. I'm definitely going to put this recipe on our "dessert menu" soon. Thanks for sharing at Allergy-Free Wednesdays!

Nancy @Real Food, Allergy Free said...

These look great! I used to make something very similar but have forgotten all about them! Thanks for the reminder. I love all things chocolate! Thanks for sharing at Allergy-Free Wednesdays!

vintagemom said...

Looks scrumptious! Would you like to link up to my Allergy Friendly Lunchbox Love link party?

http://allergyfreecookery.blogspot.com/2012/01/allergy-friendly-lunchbox-love-18.html

I can't think of anyone who wouldn't want to find these in their lunchbox :)

Lisa @ Allergy Free Vintage Cookery