Thursday, July 26, 2012

This Week I Am......

This week I am Wearing:


Yeah, I'm another walking billboard for Old Navy!
{Jeans, Shirt, Cami: Old Navy, Shoes: Payless, Necklace: Made by me!}


This week I am Making:
A crocheted scarf!  This is my first one ever.  My Aunt and Cousin taught me how to crochet almost 2 weeks ago....and I got busy practicing and decided to make this scarf that I found on Pinterest.  
For instructions go HERE, they are pretty simple to follow.  Maybe next week I'll be able to show you my completed scarf! :)


This week I am Cooking:
Three new things!  I am breaking out my crock pot for two of these simple dishes!

1.{Crock Pot Chicken and Vegetables}
Verdict: It cooked up really nice, but I don't think I used enough seasonings because it was a little plain.  Next time I will definitely doctor the chicken up a bit! 

2.{Mexican Chili in the Crock Pot}
Verdict: This was my favorite of the week.  Really. really tasty!!  You can't go wrong with Mexican food!

3.{Coconut Treats aka: Mounds Bars}
Verdict: These Healthy Alternative to Mounds Candy bars are amazing!  I changed up the recipe and used carob chips as the top layer instead of chocolate.  So, so good.....I'm keeping them in the freezer so I don't eat the whole batch at once! :)
{The original recipe can be found HERE)

They are definitely Connor approved!  He can't have the real candy bar because of his food allergies, but he wouldn't know the difference anyway!  He says they are his favorite now and he keeps trying to eat them all! 
The best thing about everything I made this week....it's all allergy friendly and gluten-free for my family!


This week I am Reading:
About the Tom and Katie split in my People magazine.


This week I have been Listening To:
The Man From Snowy River Soundtrack.
I love the music from this older movie series....I keep it on repeat! :)


What are you up to this week??

Linking up with:

1 comment:

~BaL said...

I love looking at your blog and seeing what clothing you are sporting each week. I'm proud you've learned to crochet. Shall I put my Christmas gift ideas out there?? lol