Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Almond Flour Paleo "Corn" Bread

My husband has been missing Cornbread with his chili for about a year now.  He is allergic to corn as well as some other things.  I finally came across an easy enough recipe that promised a "cornbread" look-a-like...or I guess I should call it a "cornbread" taste-a-like!  Plus, I wanted to try this recipe because it is Paleo...for me.  I have been wanting to try baking something with Almond Flour lately and this recipe was my first using it.  It was super simple, but I had to change the baking temp. because my oven was just not cooking it through using the temp. and time from the original recipe...which can be found HERE.  I may use a tad less honey next time and see how it turns out.  It is great as is, but it probably doesn't have to be as sweet.

Almond Flour Paleo "Corn" Bread
Here is what you need:
1 1/2 cups Almond Meal/Flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup raw honey
4 eggs

I wanted to have farm fresh eggs all cute with brown shells...because my dad has 50 or so laying hens, but he hasn't given me any eggs in a while.....boo! 

Directions:
Combine all the ingredients with an electric mixer until there are no lumps.  Pour into a greased baking dish or muffin cups.  I used a small round glass dish.  Cook in a 320 - 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 min.  The original recipe said to cook for 15 min., but my Almond "Corn" bread was nowhere near done at that time.  


Even the batter resembled cornbread!! :)


It's finally done and we couldn't wait to give it a try!


I also made Paleo Chili to go with our Faux Cornbread! :)


It's low-carb, and allergy-friendly too...so if you give it a try...let me know! :)

Linking up with:
Allergy Free Wednesdays

8 comments:

IAA said...

Love your blog, keep creating!

euforia said...

Hi, thank you for nice recipe. I am stopping by from euforiaconfections.com please come and visit https://www.facebook.com/EuforiaCake and enter Halloween Contest to win 12 cake sampler of euforia thousand-layer cake.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=435797793124289&set=a.203815409655863.47041.197557770281627&type=1&theater

Thank you
euforia

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing.

Cristy said...

This is AMAZING!! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

So trying this tomorrow :) Thanks so much for the recipe!!!

Lead Dog said...

So, would it be fne if i tryed 1/3 cups of corn meal?

takemeasiam said...

This has been the best paleo receipt thus far. Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

This looks great! I love corn bread! But last August found out I was allergic to Corn, Rice, Wheat.. and the list keeps going on with vegetables you wouldn't even think could cause problems. But I cant wait to try this! It looks awesome!